Top 6 Post-Workout Foods
We have curated the perfect list of post-workout foods that will help you rehydrate, fuel your muscles and provide you with the energy and the electrolytes to re-build your muscles after a gruelling work out session.
- Bananas – One large banana contains up to 2 grams of protein; 4 grams of fibre; 36 grams of carbohydrates; 0.5 gram of fat; 602 milligrams of potassium and no cholesterol. You can combine it with a cup of greek yoghurt for extra protein!
- Eggs – This great protein source can be had sunny side up, scrambled or boiled. The yolk is a good source of phosphatidylcholine, which is a chemical that assists in liver detoxification.
- Smoothies – The most versatile food – you can add bananas, yoghurt, berries, peanut butter and a whole lot more to make it the way you like it. Add an extra scoop of your favourite protein powder.
- Turkey wraps – A turkey wrap is a particularly great meal if you work out during your lunch break. It’s loaded with wholesome carbs and lean protein. Top it with salad and tomatoes for some Vitamin C. If you are a vegetarian you can replace the turkey with hummus.
- Beans – They are a good source of plant-based protein and carbs. Every 100 grams contains 26 grams of protein.
- Chicken – The most common and obvious source of protein is chicken breast. One single breast contains 36 grams of protein.