Cauliflower is a vegetable consisting of a white head/flesh and flower buds surrounding the white head. When eating cauliflower, it is typically the white head that is consumed.
The white head or white flesh is very nutritious because it is 92% water. It also contains very little fat.
Cauliflower provides Vitamin K, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, and Vitamin B6, calcium, iron, potassium, and manganese. As you can see, cauliflower is beneficial to the human body, so we are going to share the recipe for one of our favorite stuffed cauliflower dishes.
There are several methods of preparing cauliflower. It can be boiled, steamed, stir-fried, and microwaved.
Cauliflower is used to prepare delicious cuisines all over the world, some of which are the Indian dish, Aloo Gobi, cauliflower rice, and the delicious cauliflower pizza crust. Cauliflower is a great gluten-free and vegan option, so if you’re one of the two, consider preparing more cauliflower dishes.
Next, we’ll be sharing our favorite stuffed cauliflower recipe. This is a recipe for a low-carb stuffed cauliflower, and it is split into two parts – the stuffing and the Béchamel.
The Béchamel is a staple white sauce that is widely regarded as one of five major sauces in classical cuisine. Béchamel is often the foundation for other sauces like cheddar sauce and cheese sauce.
With this recipe, you’ll be getting 24 grams of protein in each serving. These are the ingredients you’ll be using for a dish of stuffed cauliflower that makes 8 servings. Adjust accordingly if you’d like to cook more or less.
For the Stuffing
- One pound of ground beef (455 grams)
- Two cauliflowers
- Half a teaspoon of pepper
- One chopped tomato
- One tablespoon of chopped fresh basil
- Three cloves of minced garlic
- One egg
- One tablespoon of dried oregano
- One tablespoon of chopped fresh sage
- Two teaspoons of tomato paste
- Half an onion, diced
- Half a teaspoon of chili flakes
- One and a half teaspoon of salt
For the Béchamel
- One tablespoon of salt
- Half a tablespoon of pepper
- Two tablespoons of butter
- Two tablespoons of flour
- Half a cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Two and a half cups of milk (600ml to be exact)
- Parchment paper
- Aluminum foil
How To Prepare
Once you have everything ready, here are the steps to make your stuffed cauliflower.
- The oven should be preheated to 200 degrees Celsius or 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Now, it’s time to make the filling. Grab a large mixing bowl.
- Mix your beef, diced onion, salt, sage, pepper, oregano, chili flakes, basil, tomato, garlic, tomato paste, and egg together until it becomes a paste-like texture.
- Remove the leaves from your cauliflower and leave the white head or white flesh in one piece.
- After rinsing, boil the white head of your cauliflower under high heat for seven to ten minutes. Ensure your cauliflower can be easily pierced with a fork.
- Once it’s adequately boiled, place your cauliflower on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper so that the water gets absorbed.
- If there are any leaves of the stem still attached, remove them carefully so you don’t ruin the cauliflower.
- There should be a hole leading to the head of the cauliflower now. Fill it with your beef mixture and make sure the beef gets into the white head properly.
- Grab some aluminum foil and use it to cover the open head of your cauliflower. Place in your preheated oven and leave to bake for 30 minutes to ensure the beef is cooked.
- Next, preheat your oven for broiling.
It’s time for your Béchamel sauce.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan under medium heat.
- Once the butter is melted, grab the flour and mix it in for two minutes. You should see a slightly brown color now.
- Add the milk and leave the mixture for five minutes so it can thicken.
- Add your salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese and mix until it is smooth and thick.
- Remove the aluminum foil you wrapped around the cauliflower.
- Pour as much or as little Béchamel over the cauliflower as you desire. Then, sprinkle a little Parmesan cheese all over.
- Broil for another four to five minutes till the Béchamel is a light brown color.
- Add some more cheese for taste and enjoy your meal!
Enjoy this cuisine with a side of potatoes or cauliflower rice.
Cauliflower is a great staple for vegan and gluten-free dishes. It’s also very healthy.
In this article, we discussed cauliflower, its various benefits, and our favorite stuffed cauliflower recipe for you to try. Feel free to take our recipe and tweak it to your liking, as long as you make sure it still tastes delicious!