Spider Found At The Indian Parliament’s Canteen Gets Things Buggy

kuthiraivali-pongal-recipe

As members of parliament have such a busy job running the country, it makes sense that they should have easy access to good food. The parliament’s canteen is renowned for the cheap delicious food served there. However, it may not be all peaches and cream.

According to an employee working in the parliament, a spider was found in his Pongal. In his complaint, he mentioned that he had taken ill shortly after consuming the ‘poisoned Pongal’. Srinivasan, the unfortunate recipient of the spider mentioned that he started puking and feeling unwell only after eating only two bites, after which he noticed a huge spider floating his food.

High ranking officials, including the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi, regularly eat at the parliament’s canteen, hence this complaint serves as a wake-up call to those who run the canteen, in order to ensure food is being served in hygienic conditions.

In fact, Srinivasan alleged that this isn’t the first time that he’s found an insect in his food and previously his request fell on deaf ears. Let’s hope this gets resolved, after all, we need our politicians at their best!

 

Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.