Spicy Chicken Kebab Recipe
Everyone drools over spicy chicken kebabs. They look so delectable and yummy it doesn’t take too much time to finish them off. One of the favourite starters for brunch or cocktail party recipes, the spicy chicken kebabs are as easy to make as delicious they look. We just need to put together the marinade made with tandoori spices on either skewered meat or just fry in a pan and enjoy this amazing brunch meal much to praises by family and friends.
- Half kilogram chicken thighs
- Two tablespoons oil
- Half cup fresh hung yogurt
- One tablespoon paprika or cayenne pepper (for color) or red food coloring
- One teaspoon red chili powder
- One tablespoon salt
- One tablespoon roasted cumin powder
- Two tablespoons Dabur Lemoneez
- One tablespoon Dabur Hommade Ginger Garlic Paste
- One teaspoon black pepper powder
- One medium sized onion, cut into thin rings
- Wedges of a lemon
- Two split green chilies
- Coriander & mint chutney
- In a plastic bag, combine all the pre-marinaded ingredients – One cup fresh yogurt, one tablespoon paprika or cayenne pepper which gives the required amount of red color to the marinade, one teaspoon red chilli powder, one tablespoon salt, one tablespoon roasted cumin powder, two tablespoons lemon juice, one tablespoon fresh ginger and garlic paste and one teaspoon black pepper powder, and mix thoroughly
- Paprika or Cayenne pepper not only gives an extra kick with the smoky, spicy flavor, but also boosts cooking process, making the chicken moist and tender. They also give the beautiful red color to the kebabs that should be traditionally there. Else, one can even use red food coloring in the recipe.
- Also, fresh hung yogurt is used to moisten and soften the thighs which give out a marvelous flavor. Chicken thighs are also used instead of breast as they have more taste in them.
- The add half kilograms chicken thighs along with a teaspoon oil and shake vigorously.
- Make sure to properly rub the marinade all over the thighs so as to make them well coated and covered
- Leave the chicken to marinade for at least two hours, preferably in the refrigerator.
- Heat one tablespoon oil in a pan on medium heat
- Fry the marinated chicken thighs in the pan from all sides till they turn golden brown. The process will take at least 5-10 minutes.
- Dry the chicken pieces with a kitchen towel in order to drain out excess oil from all sides.
- Garnish the kebab with thinly sliced onions and lemon wedges and serve along with two green chillies, split into two and lightly toasted in the leftover pan oil, and coriander and mint chutney.
- Your spicy chicken kebabs are ready to be served
- If you take chicken breasts instead of the thighs, you can always marinade them and put them in skewers and barbeque as well to these aromatic and mouth-watering kebabs.
How to serve:
- Transfer them to a serving platter
- Garnish with fresh coriander or mint leaves, lemon wedges, green chilies & freshly cut onion rings
- Add a bowl of green coriander chutney to go with