Feast, Sheraton Grand Macao’s modern in-house restaurant, showcases a wide selection of Portuguese dishes, Macanese cuisines, and a huge assortment of popular Asian food. Dining at Feast is not only a gastronomic experience, but also one for all your senses to enjoy. While getting to Macao may cost you an arm and a leg, replicate the perfection of the hotel’s signature creation – the Portugese Seafood Rice – in the comforts of your own kitchen!
Portugese Portugese Seafood Rice
1000g long grain rice
300g firm white fish, cut into pieces
300g squid, cut into pieces
500g fresh prawns, peeled and deveined
300g fresh clams
1000g fresh mussels
300g mud crab, cut into quarters
100g onion, finely chopped
30g red capsicum, finely chopped
2g bay leaf
80g minced garlic
20g minced ginger
40ml white wine
5g cayenne pepper
30g corriander, finely chopped
500ml tomato sauce
1. Fry all the seafood in a big shallow pan for about 5 minutes, or until you notice a slight change in color, and set aside.
2. In another big pot, saute onion, garlic, ginger, red capsicum, and bay leaf until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
3. Add white wine, tomato sauce, cayenne pepper and water.
4. Bring to a boil, turn to low heat and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Next, steam the rice and set aside.
6. In the pan with the seafood, add rice and white wine tomato sauce mixture and cook for 10 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning if required.
7. Transfer to bowls, drizzle with olive oil and garnish with chopped corriander leaves.
by Chef Lei Suu Wang