In Kesari, We can make many varieties like Pineapple Kesari, Beaten Rice (Aval) Kesari, Banana Kesari and Semiya Kesari Recipe etc. Semiya Kesari is a very easy kesari recipe made with vermicelli and the best part is, it is quick to make and needs very little ghee unlike other kesari recipes. This Vermicelli Kesari Recipe is very easy to make, perfect to serve for guests too.
Vermecilli / Semiya – 1 cup
Sugar – 1 cup
Ghee – 2 tsp
Water – 1 & 1/2 cup
Cardomom powder – 1/4 tsp
Cashew nuts – 5 nos
Kesari colour a pinch
1. In a pan, heat ghee and roast the cashew nuts. Remove and roast the semiya. Keep it aside.
2.In the same pan, take the water and bring it to boil. Add the Vermecilli and cook for 10 mins or till its soft.
3. Add the sugar, kesari colour, cardomom powder and sim for 10 mins or till its cooked.
4. Finally garnish it with cashew nuts.
5. Instead of cooking directly, you can pressure cook it with 1 cup of water too.
6. To get the silky texture, you can add the sugar first, then add the semiya. But this way it takes longer time to get cooked. So in that case, add 1 cup of extra water and cook till its soft.