Rocky & Mayur Walk Us Through A Maggi Factory & It’s What Noodle Heaven Must Look Like
April 16, 2018
0 comments

Rocky & Mayur Walk Us Through A Maggi Factory & It’s What Noodle Heaven Must Look Like

In a new and informative campaign launched by Nestlé Maggi in India, the instant noodle brand takes us through the entire process of making and packaging the iconic masala noodles with food enthusiasts and Highway On My Plate anchors Rocky and Mayur at the helm. Christened #KnowYourMaggi, the campaign aims at familiarizing consumers with the Maggi “Kitchen”, a.k.a. the noodles’ factory.

In the first episode of this video campaign Rocky & Mayur “go undercover” to visit a Nestlé factory in Tahliwal, Himachal Pradesh, where Rajeev Pandit, Engineering Manager, Nestlé greets them. Now, this is where all the fun begins as Pandit walks the duo through the Maggi-making process, or as he puts it, “the hours behind the two minutes”.

 

How Is It Made?

Maggi Noodles factories are situated across five locations Pan-India – Pant Nagar, Uttarakhand; Moga, Punjab; Bicholim, Goa; Nanjangud, Karnataka; and Tahliwal, Himachal Pradesh. These factories source homegrown wheat from various parts of the country and the powdered grain is then kneaded into a dough (much like we do in our own kitchen), which goes on to be rolled out into a giant thin sheet. This sheet is then cut into the thin noodles – that we slurp up – that are then steamed, cut, folded over, and molded.

Image Source 

After this, the individual noodle cakes are sent to pre-drying, a process that helps reduce the fat content from the noodles. Once pre-dried, the noodles are then “cooked”, that is, steamed and fried for a short while. Yes, we – along with the two hosts – were wondering the same thing, “then why do we cook them at home?” Well, it turns out, the Maggi factories do most of the job for us as the instant noodle that we buy from the market is already 80 percent cooked and the remaining 20 percent is the 2-minutes that we spend in our kitchen.

Finally, the noodles are divided and wrapped into the signature yellow packaging along with the tastemaker, which is sealed in uber high-grade packaging that keeps our beloved masala fresh and aromatic. A panel of special food experts taste handpicked packets of the noodle to ensure that only the best and yummiest noodles reach our plate. The packing process though highly tedious and systematic, takes just 10 seconds for every 96 packets, courtesy Langden’s robotic arms. The final packed Maggi Noodles are then packed in cartons, ready for shipment!

To know more, watch the entire video below.

 

The Tastemaker

But that’s just the noodle-making process? How is the tastemaker made? In a second-part of the campaign video, Rocky & Mayur take us through the various ingredients and stages of the noodles’ flavoring ingredient. The iconic Masala Tastemaker, which is made with the freshest spices sourced from across the country, includes the likes of chilies from Andhra Pradesh; cumin from Barmer, Rajasthan; turmeric from Maharashtra; and coriander from Kota, Rajasthan among others. A total of ten spices go into making the zesty powder that comes with each Maggi noodle cake. Watch this video to know just how the tastemaker is produced.

It’s true what the Maggi homepage says: “We believe when you love something, it’s only natural to want to know more.”

Feature Image Source

View this in app

Ankita

Ankita

Binge eater by day and binge watcher by night, Ankita is fluent in food, film, and Internet. When she’s not obsessing over the hottest trends, tacos, and the perfect author’s bio, you can find her under a pile of Jeffery Archer’s novels or looking for the nearest wine shop.


News Letter



   

Subscribe to Blog via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Comments

No Comments Yet! You can be first to comment this post!

Write comment

What do you think?

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Now watch




Recommended