Potato Peel Pie
In The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society, one of the members of the literary group comes up with a recipe for potato peel pie, which is served at the group's meetings. Here's a recipe inspired by that pie.
- Preheat an oven to 200 degrees.
- Grate the potatoes for the crust.
- Break the egg and whisk in the flour and salt and pepper.
- Bake the grated mixture for 20-25 minutes.
- Peel and boil the remaining potatoes and stir in the butter and milk.
- Spread over the potato peel crust and place under the grill until brown. .