Hyderabadi Mutton curry recipe is easy and quick non veg recipe with tender soft mutton/lamb cooked with spices. This mutton curry is an incredibly flavoured and aromatic dish!
Servings 4 people
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
- 750 gram Mutton cut into 1 inch pieces
- 6 tablespoons Oil
- 2-3 black cardamoms
- 5-6 green cardamoms
- 1 Star Anise
- 4-5 Cloves
- 4 medium onions finely sliced
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 5-6 Dried red chillies broken
- 1/2 cup Scraped Coconut
- 2 tablespoons Poppy seeds soaked
- 2 tablespoons ginger garlic paste
- Heat 2 tbsps oil in a pressure cooker, add black cardamoms, green cardamoms, star anise and cloves and sauté till fragrant. Add onions and sauté lightly.
- Add mutton, 1½ cups water and salt and mix well. Close the cooker with lid and cook for 20-25 minutes till 5-6 whistles are given out.
- Heat 2 tbsps oil in a non stick pan, add cumin seeds, coriander seeds, fennel seeds and dried red chillies and sauté till fragrant. Add coconut and poppy seeds and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer this mixture into a mixer jar and grind into a fine paste with sufficient water.Heat remaining oil in the same pan.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and ground paste and sauté for 10 minutes.
- Add the cooked mutton to the pan.Pour ½ cup water in the mixer jar, swirl it around and pour into the pan. Add salt if required, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Transfer into a serving bowl and serve hot.