Have you ever bought a jar of Dill pickles and stared at the bottle full of briny vinegar after someone has taken the last pickle? Or have you attempted to make a beautiful jar of pickled vegetables and then faced the same problem in the end?
What does one do with the residual vinegar and brine? is it safe to use? How long can I store it?
Don’t worry we have you covered with all the tips and tricks.
- The pickle juice that you have left over is perfectly safe to re use. It is a concentrated solution of salt and vinegar and can withstand bacteria for up to 2 years if stored in the fridge.
- Always have a supply of zingy pickles on hand by chopping/slicing/dicing/grating/shaving! your favourite vegetables into this liquid and storing in a air tight jar.
- The liquid will take on flavour from each of the ingredients that you add in each time and you get better tasting results each time.
- Anything goes! You can add anything from boiled eggs to different varieties of chillies to even tofu! (apart from the usual suspects of veggies and spices like garlic and ginger i.e.)
- Spice up the brine by adding your own spices. Raid the kitchen and come up with interesting combos. Whole coriander seeds and mint. Onion seeds and red chilli paste. Curry leaves and crushed mustard seeds. The options are endless.
- Use the liquid to marinate any meat dish. The vinegar will speed up the tenderizing process for you and add an extra layer of flavour.
- Don’t want to consume it or use it for your food? No Worries, just scrub your copper pans with this liquid and see how they shine!
What Kind Of Apricots Are The Best?
Fresh apricots make an awesome sweet fibre filled snack that are relatively low in carbohydrate. Dried apricots like fresh apricots...
Craftsvilla Acquires PlaceofOrigin, Ethnic Foods E-tailer
Craftsvilla is entering the online gourmet food marketplace with the acquisition of PlaceofOrigin, a Bengaluru based ethnic food e-tailer. Craftsvilla...
Simba’s Authentic Craft Beer Roars Its Way Into Bengaluru!
After a roaring response in Goa and Delhi, Simba Craft Beers has finally launched their Simba Wit and Simba Stout...
The Resto-Boutiques That Are Giving Chennaites The Perfect Escape
Over the past few years, resto-boutiques have been picking up steam and more and more have been popping up all...
Get Away From The Internet World With KFC’s New Escape Pod
After gifting a fan a Colonel Sander’s portrait, KFC is in news again for its latest venture. They’re trying to...