Travelling by train can be fun, that is, if you don’t end up with dead insects in your food. However, that’s exactly what happened to Balraj Kichi when he opted for the masala dosa lunch on the New Delhi-Amritsar Shatabdi Express. When Balraj received his packed meal, he was shocked to find that there was a dead butterfly in his sambar.
When a traumatised Kichi approached the railway officials they didn’t respond, hence he took to Twitter to air his complaints. “When i was about to eat the meal, I saw the dead butterfly floating in the sambar; it angered me. How are they preparing the food and how can a butterfly enter sambar. There are playing with the health of thousands of passengers,” he said.
Kichi claimed that he had approached the railway authorities at Ludhiana station before posting the tweet, but they did not respond “appropriately”. “They were not taking the matter seriously, and this lack of seriousness reflected in the food,” he said.
However, according to Ludhiana station superintendent Ashok Salaria, Kichi had approached him with the complaint of a dead butterfly being found in his meal. “I had advised him to submit a written complaint, so that we could take it up with higher-up. However, he did not do that and went on with his journey without submitting a complaint,” he said.