Pizza is at the top of almost everyone’s favorite meals list. It is versatile and easy to get on the table. However, if you like to do everything from scratch, it can be time-consuming.
That is unless you have a good blender and a few pizza recipes you can make with it. By using a blender, you can cut the time in half and be able to benefit from knowing what is going into your meals.
In order to get you started, we have found a few pizza recipes that can be made in the blender. Check them out below!
Pizza Dough Recipe
(*if you’re looking for thin crust dough try this recipe)
- 1 tbsp. yeast
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 cup warm water (105° to 115°F)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsps. extra-virgin olive oil
- In a bowl, add yeast and sugar with the warm water. Let sit until yeast is activated (frothy).
- In a blender fitted with the dough hook attachment, add flour and salt. Process for a few seconds. With the food processor on, gradually add in the activated yeast.
- Keep blending until the dough comes together in a ball, and the sides of the blender are clean.
- Coat a huge bowl with the olive oil and place the dough in the bowl. Cover with a clean kitchen towel. Let stand at room temperature for about an hour to an hour and a half.
- Divide the dough into equal parts and begin rolling out.
- Calories: 254
- Proteins: 7.3g
- Carbs: 49g
- Fats: 2.3g
Pizza Sauce – Marinara Recipe
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsps. olive oil
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- ¾ tsp. salt
- Pepper to taste
- Add garlic into the blender and chop. Then add the tomatoes. Process until smooth, occasionally scraping the sides down through the blending.
- Then add in the rest of the ingredients and blend again. You can then heat the sauce and use or freeze and keep for another pizza night.
- Calories: 87
- Proteins: 1g
- Carbs: 6.1g
- Fats: 7g
Pizza Sauce – White Sauce Recipe
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ½ cup basil, fresh, chopped
- ¼ cup fennel, chopped
- ¼ cup chives, chopped
- 1½ tsps. lemon zest, fresh
- 2 tbsps. lemon juice, fresh
- 1 garlic clove, chopped fine
- Red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
Purée cream, basil, fennel, chives, zest, lemon juice, garlic, and red pepper flakes in a blender until thick and smooth, 15–30 seconds, season with salt and pepper.
- Calories: 210
- Proteins: 2g
- Carbs: 2g
- Fats: 22g
Pizza Sauce – Pesto Recipe
- 3 cups basil, fresh, chopped
- 1 cup olive oil, extra virgin
- ½ cup pine nuts
- ⅛ cup Brazil nuts
- ⅔ cup Parmesan, grated
- 2 tbsps. garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. chili powder
Add the basil to a blender. Pour in 1 tablespoon of oil and pulse basil into a paste. Then gradually add the pine nuts, Brazil nuts, garlic, chili powder, and remaining oil. Keep on blending until smooth.
- Calories: 234
- Proteins: 3.7g
- Carbs: 1.9g
- Fats: 23.9g
How to Freeze & Thaw Pizza Dough
After making the dough, you may want to store it away for another time. Here is how you do this and ensure the dough stays the best quality.
- Coat each dough portion lightly with olive oil.
- Then place the dough into a freezer bag. Make sure to get all the air out.
- Then you can place in your freezer for up to 3 months.
- When you are ready to bake up a pie, you will want to take that bag out and let it thaw completely overnight.
- Then let the dough come to room temperature before rolling it out.
How to Freeze Marinara Sauce
Once you have blended up a good pizza sauce and made your delicious pizza, there may be some of the sauce leftovers. There is no need to let it go to waste; you can freeze it and be ready for the next time you need it.
Here is how you freeze your sauce.
- You will want to let the sauce cool completely first.
- Then you can add it to a mason jar or even an ice cube tray.
- If you use a freezer tray, you will want to let them sit in the freezer until the cubes are frozen solid.
- Then when the cubes are frozen, you can take and place them in a freezer bag. These, like the dough, are good for up to 3 months.
When you want to have something quick and yummy most of us reach for a slice of pizza. No need to order out! Just whip out your blender and take advantage of some of the recipes above.
If you are not sure what blender to use, check out some suggestions here.