Peppermint Truffles Recipe
One of the amazing things about Christmas is that you can make and eat just about anything and everything and not have to explain yourself to anyone at all! Christmas is the season of joy, of giving, of spending time with your family and celebrating all the great things you’ve experienced through the year, but also about eating to your hearts content. All those diets can wait for 2017, because there’s no point in starting a diet now when you’re clearly going to be surrounded by all the great food you can get your hands on. And to help you keep the spirit of eating alive, we’ve got one last Christmas recipe for you!
Peppermint Truffles are made with lots of chocolate, peppermint candy and no waiting time at all! So here we go, brace yourselves for the magic that is about to make your Christmas even better.
- White chocolate
- Dark chocolate
- Peppermint Candy
- Coconut Oil
- Vanilla Essence
- Melt the white chocolate, either in a microwave or a double boiler
- Crush the peppermint candy and add it to the melted chocolate and mix it together and set aside till slightly firm
- Then roll the chocolate and candy mixture into balls and set it on a tray
- Poke toothpicks through the balls and set it in the fridge for 15 minutes
- While the chocolate is setting, make the ganache.
- Melt dark chocolate in a double boiler or microwave
- Then add a little vanilla essence and some coconut oil
- Take the balls out of the fridge and dip them in the chocolate and coat it thoroughly
- Dust with some white chocolate shavings and powdered sugar and you're ready to go!
- You can either remove the toothpicks or leave them in, making it easier for people to eat the truffles!