Papdi Chaat Recipe
Indian food – and mire so Indian street food – is allied with tangy spices and chutneys. Right from the tangy water-filled gol gappa to the spice laden aloo chaat, all mirror the spice variety of the Indian subcontinent.
The papdi chaat is yet another example of the delightful gifts from the streets of India. Here’s how you can stack up a plateful of papdi chaat for yourself.
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 40 minutes
2/3 cup (½ cup + 2 tbsp) Chickpeas boiled
2/3 cup (½ cup + 2 tbsp) Potato boiled and chopped Potato
½ cup boiled Moong Beans, optional
½ cup chopped Onion
½ cup Curd, lightly beaten
5 tbsp (1/4 cup + 1 tbsp) Date Tamarind Chutney
5 tablespoons (1/4 cup + 1 tbsp) Green Coriander Chutney
½ cup Sev
- Take two deep serving plates and arrange 7 papdis in each of them. You can either keep papdis whole or lightly break them into small pieces.
- Mix 2 tablespoons green chutney with chickpeas.
- Top each plate with 1/3 cup potatoes and 1/4 cup onion.
- Add 1/3 cup chickpeas to both plates.
- Top it with ¼ cup moong beans.
- Drizzle ¼ cup curd over each plate.
- Drizzle 2½ tablespoons date tamarind chutney over each plate.
- Evenly sprinkle ¼ cup sev over each plate.
- Top off each plate with 1½ tablespoons green chutney.
- Serve immediately.