[dropcap]T[/dropcap]here are moments when the fear of looking fat in a dress can’t stop you from gobbling down junk food. All those ‘diet motivational quotes’ go right down the drain when your eyes latch onto delicious, fattening food.
Even the worst crimes can be redeemed, but at a price. Read carefully, here are the punishments for your calorific misconducts.
1. It may have been due to a rare moment of weakness, but you still said ‘Yes’ to a slice of pepperoni pizza.
There is no point sobbing now. You can get creative with the way you want to burn off those calories. 60 minutes of fast dancing or 90 minutes of vigorous cleaning of the house will let go off those pesky calories.
2. ‘You didn’t eat those doughnuts, you say?’ The chocolate sauce just happened to jump off those doughnuts and plaster itself all over your mouth. I understand.
Assuming you had only one, 25 minutes of energetic running ought to rectify the problem. Go and make your gym teacher proud!
3. Ate a whole bar of chocolate? Didn’t bother to share?
You’re in trouble now.
Since you didn’t share the calories, the price to get rid of those calories will be to climb up and down two flights of stairs continuously for 13 minutes.
4. It’s a cause for celebration so it is understood that you had no other choice but to gobble down the cake with a guilty conscience.
50 minutes of hiking or 45 minutes of grooming the yard, the price has to be paid.
5. Are you sure you’re on a diet? Then why did you eat that hot fudge sundae?
That’s right. I was watching.
Throw your regrets aside and prepare yourself for a 75 minutes of workout in spinning class. Hope the sundae was worth it.
6. ‘Mom forgot to cook at home today. I was helpless. I had to eat the cheeseburger. It was for mere sustenance!’
313 calories (For a single patty)
Sprout all the excuses you want, but you got greedy, didn’t you? 30 minutes of sincere kick-boxing will definitely box those calories off.
7. ‘When did you have the fries?’
‘With the burger.’
If you really want to repent for your crime, 40 minutes on the elliptical machine is your way out.
8. Make way for the heavy weight champion. If you’ve eaten the lasagna, be sacred. Be very, very sacred.
334 calories per 100 grams
Well, this can be fun. Not.
Run 7 miles on the treadmill. If you’ve eaten more, run more.
9. Hiding in a corner and praying to God won’t undo the damage. If you’ve eaten a plate of delicious pasta, you better have the guts to take matters into your own hands.
371 calories per 100 grams
5 hours of slow jogging without complaining.