Cheesecake is one of the most popular desserts all over the globe. There are thousands of recipes to make a cheesecake. Some of them allow you to make a dense cheesecake as you find at bakeries.
However, many people prefer their cheesecake to be light and creamy. The balance of the cheesecake texture makes it a delight on any occasion.
In this article, you will find a detailed recipe and some baking tips regarding smooth and uncracked surfaces.
How to Make a Light and Creamy Cheesecake?
- A cup of pecans
- Four tablespoons of unsalted butter
- Half tablespoon of cinnamon
- Twenty-five grams sugar (for crust)
- Sixteen Graham Crackers
- Three tablespoons of flour
- Half tablespoon of salt
- Two and a half pounds of cream cheese
- Three hundred fifty grams of sugar (cheesecake)
- Two tablespoons of vanilla extract
- Two egg yolks and five full eggs
- One cup of sour cream
- Get a food processor and add toasted pecans, sugar for crust, cinnamon, and graham crackers in it. Turn on the food processor until everything is mixed perfectly.
- Add unsalted butter (melted) in the mixture and use a spoon to mix it.
- Get a springform pan and move the crust into it. Adjust the crust on the sides by using glass. Press the crust as much as possible to get the best result after baking.
- Preheat an oven at 350 Fahrenheit and bake the crust for about 10 minutes. Set it aside.
- Mix the sugar, salt, and cream cheese (room temperature) with a hand mixer.
- Pour down the sour cream (room temperature) in the mixture until smooth.
- Now, you have to add in the eggs and yolks. However, you need to add one and mix it thoroughly before adding the next one.
- Add vanilla in the mixture and scrape down the bowl.
- Add the all-purpose flour in the mixture and continue mixing until smooth.
- It is time to pour down the prepared mixture into the crust. You can add the filling just below the top of the crust. You need to bake it for twenty minutes at 350 Fahrenheit before you reduce the temperature to 300 Fahrenheit. Continue baking for forty minutes and then turn off the oven.
- Leave the cake for an hour in the oven with a closed door before removing it. The cake is best served in a chilled form, so it is better to put it in the refrigerator.
How to Avoid Cracks in Cheesecake?
Most of the people face s cracking issue on the surface after baking. It occurs because the edges are cooking quickly while the center is still in a liquid form.
To avoid the cracking problem, you have to bake for a longer time at a lower temperature. It will allow the center to get warm and reduce the chances of uneven expansion.
During the baking, you need to make sure that you don’t open the oven to check anything. When the baking time is over, you still need to leave the cake in the oven for an hour. It will allow cooling down gradually.
How to Manage If Cheesecake Cracks?
If you end up with a cracked cheesecake, you don’t need to worry as it still tastes perfect. You can garnish the cake in a way that hides the cracks.
You can use whipped cream or pecans to cover up the cracks. Furthermore, you can create a cream topping. Get a quarter cup of sugar, two tablespoons of vanilla extract, and one-pint sour cream. Mix them until smooth.
After the cake is slightly cooled, pour it over the cake evenly. Bake it for ten minutes and let it cool in the oven for twenty minutes. Problem solved!
Making a delicious cheesecake at home is an easy and exciting job for every food lover. It gives you a sense of achievement when you eat a self-made cheesecake with your family and friends.
You need to follow the tips precisely to avoid any issues. Still, if you find any problem with your cake, you can always try again until you make a perfect one.