Kerala Chicken Kothu Parotta
The Picture-perfect Kerala chicken kothu Parotta. A lick smacking recipe from South India.
The Parottas are typically available as street food and in eateries across the south Indian States.
First, The dough is crushed and beaten into thin layer sheets.
A round ball is formed using these thin layers. The ball is then rolled flat .
It is then roasted and cooked .
The Kothu Parotta is made by tearing Parotta into small pieces .
Lot of eggs are scrambled into the mixture.
It is cooked with Diced Onions, Chopped Green Chillies, Chopped Tomatoes, Ginger Garlic Paste, Red Chilly Powder, Coriander Powder, Chicken and Curry Leaves.
The Picture-perfect Kerala chicken kothu Parotta….Totally spot on !!
· 2 all purpose flour – heaped cups and about half a cup extra to use as needed
· 125 ml Milk
· 1 tsp Salt
· Cooking Oil
· Diced Onions – 4 medium
· Chopped Green Chillies – 4
· Coriander leaves
· Curry Leaves
· Chopped Tomatoes – 2 medium
· Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tbsp
· Red Chilly Powder – 1 tbsp
· Tomato Ketchup – 2 tbsp (optional)
· Mustard Seeds – 1/4 tsp
· Oil – 4 tbsp
· Water – as needed