No more wimpy carrots!
Everyone enjoys the crisp, sweet taste of carrots. We grew up listening to our mother say carrots really are good for our eyes, and much of the rest of our body. Stewed, glazed, steamed or raw, carrots contribute accents to main courses, stand alone as side dishes and serve as perfect healthy snacks. A quick throwback to those school lunches with carrot sticks!
Storing carrots is simple but many people don’t seem to know about it. Storing it the right way helps retain the freshness of the carrots as well as helps it to remain crisp for a long time. How often do you go grocery shopping and buy carrots? How long have you ignored your carrot’s constant cry for help from the fridge cabinet? It’s like you do not carrot all.
Knowing how to store carrots so that they hold their crunch will make for a much better end product. This will help with whatever dish you’re making. They will add a different dimension to your dish.
Storing carrots is not a big job. It is really simple. You don’t even need an expensive bio-degradable bag or a fancy humidifier for your refrigerator! You only need three things – one of which is carrots.
– A bunch of carrots.
– A glass bowl or a sealed plastic bowl
Oh so crunchy! Follow these five simple steps that would change your life forever.
1. Cut the carrot tops off. Peel carrots and cut them in half so they are half as long. If you want to keep your carrots whole and unpeeled, that’s fine. You’ll just need a bowl or sealed container that can accommodate the entire bunch of carrots and some water.
2. Arrange the carrots in the container so that there is at least 1-inch of headroom between the top of the carrots and the rim of the bowl.
3. Fill the bowl with clean (ideally drinking) water. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or its sealable lid and place in the refrigerator.
4. Change out water once a day. It is important to change the water every day. Carrots will keep fresh and superbly crunchy for up to a week this way.
5. You can keep any root vegetable fresh and crispy this way — try it with beetroot next. Try this at home and see the results. You are sure to get astounded!
Hop on to the Starbucks Crawl with ‘Starbucks Barista Pride’ and experience 174 unique beverages
Taking its commitment to delivering the iconic ‘Third Place’ experience to new heights, Starbucks is bringing back Barista Pride with...
The wait is over for Chocolate lovers in Pune: SMOOR expands into the Pune Market
The brand has inaugurated its first offline store in Koregaon Park. Pune/September 22/Thursday: SMOOR, a leading Bangalore-based luxury chocolate brand that...
SMOOR organises an extravagant event in Bangalore to commemorate its latest collaboration with Australian celebrity Sarah Todd
The event, held on 8th September, consisted of an interactive masterclass with Sarah to inspire Indian chefs Bangalore, September 14, 2022:...
This Independence Day, National Geographic to premiere ‘Buried Seeds’; the inspiring journey of world-renowned Indian Chef Vikas Khanna
“Buried Seeds uncovers many memories and emotions that were hidden inside me for so long” – Chef Vikas Khanna For...
7 Appliances That Will Make Your Time In The Kitchen A Little Easier
The world today has no time to stop and no time to waste. Everything is available at the click...