Actress and self-made cooking show host, Jennifer Garner, is back with yet another lip-smacking au natural recipe. Garner, who’s previous edible prodigy was a parmesan-dusted baked Kale chip recipe to tackle her arch-enemy, blue corn tortilla chips. And now the Love, Simon has given us another alternative recipe to replace that bowl of chips with.
“Another hack for when you (me) are craving the crunch of blue corn tortilla chips…BEET CHIPS!” Garner wrote on Instagram on Monday. “Naturally sweet and completely addicting”, she added on the post, which included a step-by-step process of the chips made with beetroots picked fresh from her kitchen garden. Then tossed in olive oil and salt, the slices are baked to a crispy perfection.
Though totally interesting and delish, the beet chips, according to Garner aren’t as good as the original. She hash tagged the recipe with “#nothingisbetterthanatortillachip” and “#thesecomeprettyclose”. And that’s why we’re totally going to try out the 13 Going On 30 star’s honest and healthy recipe.
Here’s Garner’s recipe to making a healthy version of your favorite corn chips.
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- Wash your beets really well.
- Lop off the tops and slice the beets into very thin slivers. Use a mandolin if you’re so inclined. Mind your fingers!
- Lightly coat the beets in olive oil and lay them out on a greased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle them with salt.
- Put in the oven for one hour.
- Remove and be careful, they’re hot.
- Enjoy! Yum!