Starbucks’ Secret Menu just got bumped up by two new items. Harry Potter fans, brace yourselves as the coffee honcho gets ready to roll out two Butterbeer flavored coffees – Butterbeer Frappuccino and Hot Butterbeer Latte.
For those of you who fail to understand the excitement, here’s a little backdrop. When Harry and his friends were at Hogwarts, the wizards often kicked back with the now famous Butterbeer. The drink is essentially butterscotch flavored creamy soda that can be had with or without boozy elements.
For years together fans of the The Wizarding World had tried to get the Butterbeer right until Universal’s first Wizarding World of Harry Potter opened in Orlando. And now your nearest Starbucks is also serving up this magical drink.
Ask for your Butterbeer option or just whisper these magical recipes to your cashier.
- Ask for a Creme Frappuccino base. (Don’t skimp on the fat by asking for skim or 2% milk as whole milk is required for the right consistency)
- Add 3 pumps of caramel syrup
- Add 3 pumps of toffee nut syrup
- Top with caramel drizzle
Hot Butterbeer Latte
- Whole milk steamer
- Add Caramel syrup (2 for tall, 3 for grande, 4 for venti)
- Add Toffee nut syrup (2 for tall, 3 for grande, 4 for venti)
- Add Cinnamon Dolce syrup (2 for tall, 3 for grande, 4 for venti)
- Whipped cream and salted caramel bits on top (or creme brulee topping if you prefer)
- Optional if you prefer to add a coffee taste: Add a shot of espresso (2 for a grande or venti)