Garlic Butter Crab Recipe
Cooking seafood is nothing less than a challenge. Especially if you’re going for a robust shellfish. But once you have the recipe up your sleeve and you’re no longer scared to handle the shelled task, half the job is done.
The crab in butter garlic sauce is a rich and delicious preparation that is easy to make and difficult for your palate to let go of. This recipe guides you through the entire process of making it.
Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 45 mins
6 blue crabs
2 tbsp Old Bay seasoning
Salt to taste
1 cup butter
½ cup chopped fresh garlic
1 cup chopped parsley leaves
- In a large pot with a basket, boil the crabs in, making sure the water covers the crabs.
- Add the Old Bay seasoning and salt.
- Cook the crabs until they are red, about 10 minutes, and then let crabs cool to the touch.
- Crack crabs and remove the lungs, leaving the roe in and claws attached.
- Crack the crab in 2 sections down the middle.
- In a deep skillet, melt the butter and add the garlic and parsley.
- Place the crabs in the butter mixture and then on a platter. Pour remaining butter from skillet onto the crabs before serving.