Hi, I want to know how to slowly cook steak in oven, as this is my first time I am afraid to go ahead!
This is a slightly more complicated process, but hopefully we can simply it for you!
1. Make sure that your steak has thawed all the way through and use paper towels to blot up the water and keep it dry.
2. In your oven, heat up your skillet or pan under the broiler for few minutes.
3. Drizzle some oil over the steak, as well as some salt and pepper. Use your hands to spread it evenly and then do the same on the other side.
4. Turn on your stove and then transfer the skillet to the stovetop. Place the steak in the middle of the pan, it should start to sizzle right away.
5. Let the steak cook for about 30 seconds and then flip it over to repeat on the other side.
6. Put the skillet back in the broiler and close the oven so that the steak cooks.
7. After 2-3 minutes, pull the skillet out so that you can flip the steak and then cook again for another 2 minutes.
8. At this point, your steak is medium-rare. If you wish for it to be cooked even further – say medium or well done, keep it in the oven for a little longer.
9. Once it’s done, transfer it to a chopping board and cover with aluminium foil and let it rest for a few minutes.
10. Slice into smaller pieces and you’re ready to serve!
We hope this helps!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.