College Students Of Pune Fall Sick After Eating Food From The Mess
According to a report by the Times of India, more than 50 students of the MIT group of Institute located in the Lonikalbhor campus fell sick on Tuesday after eating the food at the mess. They were immediately taken to the Vishwaraj Hospital in the vicinity who were discharged after treatment.
Gulab Jamun Maybe The Culprit
The head of the Lonikalbhor campus, Mangesh Karad spoke to the Times of India about the incident and said, “The incident occurred at lunch, which is served at 1pm. At 5.30pm, 50-60 students started complaining of stomach pain, out of which 2-3 students vomited.” He also added that the students were sent to the hospital immediately.
“The treating doctor suspects that the gulab jamun they had for dessert might have caused the problem,” Karad told the publication. He also said that the campus authorities will further investigate the matter.