Chocolate Barfi or Chocolate Fudge Recipe
Chocolate barfi or chocolate fudge is a very delicious sweet prepared with milk powder, cocoa powder, sugar and butter and garnished with nuts. This recipe is a very simple and quick to make barfi recipe and enjoyed by both kids and elders alike. Kids just love the chocolate flavour of the barfi. Do prepare chocolate barfi and treat your loved ones this Diwali season!!!
Prep Time : 10 mins
Cook Time : 15 mins
Yield – 10 barfis
Milk powder – 1 cup
Sugar – 3/4 cup
Cocoa powder – 2 teaspoons
Butter – 2 teaspoons
Chopped cashewnuts for garnishing
HOW TO MAKE OR PREPARE CHOCOLATE BARFI OR CHOCOLATE FUDGE RECIPE
Grind the nuts coarsely and keep it ready. Heat a pan on a low flame. Add sugar and little water (approx 1/4 cup). Let it simmer on a low flame till the sugar is fully dissolved. Cook till the sugar syrup forms a string like appearance.
Once the sugar syrup reaches one string consistency, add milk powder, cocoa powder, and butter. Stir till well combined. The mixture will reach a thick consistency. Switch off the flame. Pour the mixture to a greased plate and flatten it. Garnish with chopped nuts.
Once cooled down completely, cut into desired shapes.
Serve the barfi at room temperature and enjoy!!
- After adding cocoa powder, do not cook for a long time. Else it tends to get burnt and makes the barfi bitter.
- Cook on a low flame to avoid burning.
- You can add few chopped nuts along with milk powder and cocoa powder mixture, to get a crunchy taste.
- Use a broad or wide mouthed pan for preparing the burfi.
- It stays good for upto 2 days when refrigerated