Chipotle Outlet Closes Down Due To Several Reports Of Food Poisoning

Things are not looking good for Chipotle as an outlet in Sterling, Virginia closes down after several reports of food poisoning. Eight reports were reported at iwaspoisoned.com that claims 13 ill and 2 hosptalized due to the poisoning.

The restaurant is shut for now and will only reopen after a thorough sanitation cleanup. The Chipotle’s executive director of food safety, Jim Marsden has assured that they have notified local health officials. Marsden told Business Insider, “They (Chipotle) are working with health authorities to understand what the cause may be and to resolve the situation as quickly as possible.”

Marsden also suggested that norovirus might be the cause of this outbreak. “The reported symptoms are consistent with norovirus. Norovirus does not come from our food supply, and it is safe to eat at Chipotle.” This virus causes symptoms like projectile vomiting, extreme stomach cramps, dehydration, and diarrhea that develop in 12-48 hours. Improper sanitation can also be the cause of the outbreak.

This incident however is not looking good for Chipotle as the stock dropped to $26 a share on Tuesday due to the reports of these outbreaks. Last year too the restaurant was in news for norovirus outbreaks.

Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.