Korada the name striked me when i was browsing the web and it is completely new to me. With the tag Chettinad i assumed that it should be really tasty and a side dish recipe is always welcomed by a housewife as we tend to give new menu and always run out of ideas . This is a relatively simple dish and the small onion presence in our house should always bring our in our minds this recipe. Yes it is so easy and no grind recipe.
1.Shallots -1 cup
2.Garlic pods -3
3.Ginger -1 inch
4. Curry leaves – 1 sprig
5.Mustard seeds -1 tsp
6. Urad dal -1 tsp
7. Chilli powder -1 tsp
8. Jaggery Powder -1 tsp
9.Tamarind – gooseberry size.
10.Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
11.. Oil -1 tsp
12.Salt – Enough to taste
- Soak the small onion in water and after a while peel the skin .
- Cut the onion into small pieces , cover and keep aside.
- Soak the tamarind in water and extract the juice .
- Peel the skin of garlic and cut into fine pieces, cut the ginger into fine pieces.
- In a kadai heat oil and add mustard seeds and urad dal
- When they splutter add the small onion and fry well
- Then add ginger and garlic and saute well
- Add the chilli powder,Turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add the tamarind and close the vessel
- After few minutes open and add salt and curry leaves .
- Let it simmer for a while.
- You can add a dash of gingely oil in the end.
- Remove from fire and serve with Idli and Dosai .
What Kind Of Apricots Are The Best?
Fresh apricots make an awesome sweet fibre filled snack that are relatively low in carbohydrate. Dried apricots like fresh apricots...
Craftsvilla Acquires PlaceofOrigin, Ethnic Foods E-tailer
Craftsvilla is entering the online gourmet food marketplace with the acquisition of PlaceofOrigin, a Bengaluru based ethnic food e-tailer. Craftsvilla...
Simba’s Authentic Craft Beer Roars Its Way Into Bengaluru!
After a roaring response in Goa and Delhi, Simba Craft Beers has finally launched their Simba Wit and Simba Stout...
The Resto-Boutiques That Are Giving Chennaites The Perfect Escape
Over the past few years, resto-boutiques have been picking up steam and more and more have been popping up all...
Get Away From The Internet World With KFC’s New Escape Pod
After gifting a fan a Colonel Sander’s portrait, KFC is in news again for its latest venture. They’re trying to...