Cauliflower Pickle Recipe
The process of pickling food is nothing short of awesome. Not only does the food last longer, but in a whole new form too! Especially in Southeast Asian countries, pickle or achaar or avakaya plays a major role. And the best part? The variety, of course! Also, there is hardly a pickle that doesn’t taste good. You may not like a particular vegetable, but as a pickle you’ll lap it all up. Like I said, nothing short of awesome.
The recipe that we’re trying out today is that of an Indian-style cauliflower pickle. A delicious and easy-to-make recipe, the cauliflower pickle goes amazingly well with almost everything – right from roti and sabzi to biryani, you can pair it with anything. Follow this recipe to make some at home.
- 500g cauliflower (cut into small florets)
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp chana dal (Bengal gram, optional)
- ¼ tsp cumin seeds
- 3 red chilies
- Salt to taste
- Take the cauliflower florets, salt, red chili powder, fenugreek seed powder and lemon juice in a bowl and mix well.
- Heat oil in a small pan and add mustard seeds. When they splutter, add chana dal, cumin seeds, red chilies and sauté.
- Pour the tempering over the cauliflower pickle.
- Store in a clean and dry jar.
Feature Image: Yum! Yum! Yum!