Cake In A Jar Recipe | Easy Desserts
There was a time when everyone was either serving, selling or making dessert jars and we totally get why as well. They are easy to transport and such the perfect gift. Also, look how neatly and tightly packed they are. That’s what makes these dessert jars so popular. Plus, the content is clearly incredibly delicious as well. So instead of buying a dessert jar for our friends at the next party, we decided to make our own. And we’ve got a really easy recipe for you to follow and make your very own jars as well. And all you really need is a few ingredients that are easy to come by and you’re ready to go!
Check out our video and then follow the recipe below:
- Jars, as many as you plan on making
- Cake, either freshly baked or bought (we won't tell anyone!)
- 100 grams Butter
- 100 grams Sugar
- Make sure your cakes are ready and your jars are clean, because it's a quick and painless recipe to follow
- In a bowl, add the powdered sugar and the butter and whip it together. Either use a hand mixer or a whisk and mix it nicely till you have smooth frosting.
- Transfer it into a bowl and let it sit in the fridge for a bit
- Crumble your cake, either using a fork or your hands, so that you have it nice and crumbly
- Take a few spoonfuls and drop it into the jar and smooth it so that it covers the bottom of the jar completely
- Then add a layer of frosting and spread it as much as possible
- Add another layer of cake and keep repeating till you've reached the top of the jar
- You can decorate it with name tags and whatever else you fancy, and then either serve them like that or hand them out at your next party.