Broccoli Pasta Recipe
Taste and health come together in a delicious pesto pasta loaded with the goodness of broccolis, extra-virgin olive oil, and pine nuts and oozing flavor with oodles of cheese. The broccoli pasta is a dream come true for the health conscious who want to eat a healthy and sumptuous meal, without giving up on taste. The vegetarian dish brings together enthralling flavours and essential nutrients in a wholesome Italian preparation.
This broccoli pasta, a.k.a. broccoli pesto pasta, can even be tweaked to up the healthy and/or flavor game by adding more ingredients like mushrooms, olives, basil, and the likes. Meanwhile, the meat eater can meat it up by adding some crispy bacon, shredded chicken, or shrimps. Follow the recipe below to whip up a creamy and healthy broccoli pasta in your kitchen!
- 400g penne, farfalle or conchiglie pasta
- 250g broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 large lemon
- ½ tsp dried chili flakes
- 3 tbsp pine nuts
- 5 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp Parmesan, grated
- Boil the pasta into a large pan of boiling salted water and cook according to pack instructions.
- Bring a smaller pan of salted water to the boil, add the broccoli and boil for 4 minutes.
- Drain the broccoli and return it to the pan. Lightly mash the broccoli with a potato masher or fork.
- Finely grate the garlic and zest the lemon, then mix into the broccoli with the chili flakes and pine nuts.
- Cut the lemon in half and keep for later.
- Drain the pasta and return it to the pan.
- Stir in the broccoli pesto and squeeze over the juice of half a lemon.
- Pour in the olive oil and generously season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon in the grated Parmesan and toss the pasta well and serve.
Feature Image: Cook Diary