A perfect breakfast for the lazy. It’s healthy too.
Here are a few basic steps to follow while you are making your own overnight oats.
1. Mix rolled oats with an equal amount of your liquid of choice. (You can choose from any type of milk, yogurt to even juice.)
2. Mix any spices, sweeteners, or dried fruit you like into the oats and liquid.
3. Store in a glass jar or another airtight container and let the oats soak for at least three hours or ideally overnight.
4. Add your favourite toppings in the morning and enjoy!
Find your favourite flavour combinations as you go. Here are some ridiculously easy and tasty combos that top my chart!
1. Fruit and Yogurt overnight oats
Follow the above steps to make the preparation and in the morning, add your favourite choice of fresh fruits and top it with generous amounts of honey.
2. Coconut mango oats recipe
Soak the oats in mango juice and coconut milk and leave it overnight. The next day add coconut shavings and fresh mango pieces and enjoy this delectable combo. P.S. Add a pinch of kala namak to lift it up! You can thank me later.
3. Ginger peach overnight oatmeal
Everything becomes cheery when you add peaches to it. Don’t you agree too?
4. Blueberry banana overnight oats
I bet you’d fall in love with this one.
5. Tropical Extravaganza
Top your oats with cut papayas, mangoes, bananas and a handful of ruby red pomegranates! Voila!
6. Brownie batter overnight oats
Drools. Mix the oats in a pre-made brownie batter along with some milk and chocolate sauce. Chocolate milk also works great. Top it off with some toasted walnuts and enjoy!
7. Mocha banana oatmeal
This is a coffee lover’s dream in a jar.
8. Cinnamon Apple overnight oats
Mix rolled oats, cinnamon, apple sauce, almond milk and yogurt in an air tight container and leave it overnight to soak. Your taste buds shall rejoice the next day.
9. Vanilla overnight oats
Add a few drops of vanilla extract, a few teaspoons of honey, chia seeds, and almond milk to the oats and leave it overnight. You cannot stop dreaming about this deliciousness, ever.