Good bread is the most fundamentally satisfying of all. Be sure to share a slice.
Is your bread dry and has a coarse grain?
Does the bread you just baked have dark streaks?
Does it smell and taste of yeast?
Are the tops of the bread loaves cracked?
Baking with less or no knowledge can lead to such disasters. Here are some tips that will help you bake the perfect loaf. Who knows? Someday you may open up your own little bakery!
1. For the best bread, use the freshest ingredients. (Flour, eggs, sugar, oil, yeast and a pinch of salt)
2. Be sure all your ingredients are at room temperature.
3. Measure your ingredients correctly. Use a dry measuring cup to measure the dry ingredients and use a glass or plastic liquid measuring cup to measure the liquids.
4. Do not scoop your flour with the measuring cup. You will end up using too much flour and the loaf will be heavy. Instead, use a spoon to lift the flour out of the container and into the measuring cup. Do not tap or shake the cup to put more flour into it. Simply level the top with a flat edge.
5. Leave the loaf to rest until it’s cooled down a bit.
6. Don’t try to cut the loaf of bread right away, wait at least 15 minutes so that you don’t tear the crust.
7. Quick breads will do better if you wait until the next day to cut them.
No more bad bread.
What Kind Of Apricots Are The Best?
Fresh apricots make an awesome sweet fibre filled snack that are relatively low in carbohydrate. Dried apricots like fresh apricots...
Craftsvilla Acquires PlaceofOrigin, Ethnic Foods E-tailer
Craftsvilla is entering the online gourmet food marketplace with the acquisition of PlaceofOrigin, a Bengaluru based ethnic food e-tailer. Craftsvilla...
Simba’s Authentic Craft Beer Roars Its Way Into Bengaluru!
After a roaring response in Goa and Delhi, Simba Craft Beers has finally launched their Simba Wit and Simba Stout...
The Resto-Boutiques That Are Giving Chennaites The Perfect Escape
Over the past few years, resto-boutiques have been picking up steam and more and more have been popping up all...
Get Away From The Internet World With KFC’s New Escape Pod
After gifting a fan a Colonel Sander’s portrait, KFC is in news again for its latest venture. They’re trying to...