There are bar crawls and there are bar crawls. Line your stomachs with food and join us for a journey through the ultimate cocktails in Mumbai. These cocktails are personally vouched for by yours truly.
1) The Tequila Sunrise at Gansta’s
What’s in it? Head to Gangsta’s and find out. Here’s a hint: there’s tequila. Lots of it.
2) Royal Ginfield at The Bombay Canteen
Gin, amla juice and jaggery. It’s the perfect desi drink!
3) Tamarind Whiskey Shake at The Bombay Canteen
Don’t think tamarind and whiskey go together? We beg to differ.
4) Oriental Passion at The Daily
That’s kaffir smoke you see coming out of the glass. Need we convince you more?
5) Moscow Mule at Cheval
Down a few jars of this and then dance the night away on one of Cheval’s bar tables.
6) Brain Damage Shot At Hoppipola
Will it leave you permanently brain damaged? Well, we’ve tried it and we seem fine. Besides, in this cute test tube, how can you resist?
7) Margherita at British Brewing Company
Because classics are always the best.
8) Bloody Mary at British Brewing Company
When you’re at the British Brewing Company, you have to order a Bloody Mary, if only so that you can say ‘bloody’ in a British accent.
9) Smoking Cosmopolitan at Joss
Here’s a spin off a classic. If the gorgeous smoke wasn’t enough, it’s also served in this fun smoking pipe!
10) The Blue Pill or Red at Colaba Social
Considering its name and the fact that its served in a syringe, this drink may make you think of hospitals. But give it a try before you judge.
11) Electric Longest Long Island Iced Tea At Colaba Social
It’s a Long Island Iced Tea with a blue curacao twist!
12) Dark and Stormy at The Bombay Canteen
What better way to ride out the monsoon than with this old monk and ginger honey syrup concoction?
13) Chai la Lai at Yauatcha
This is an Oriental cocktail with oolong tea – where have you ever had that before?
14) Red Nemo at Yauatcha
Doesn’t this look awfully pretty? Who cares what’s in it!
15) Coco Chanel at He Said She Said
Chocolate met rum and created this sweet, sinful cocktail!
16) Burnt Curry Leaf Martini at Masala Library
Masala Library is known for taking its customers on a gastronomical journey through tradition – even its cocktails have that traditional touch!
17) Pani puri Caipriojka at Bombay Bronx
Mumbai’s favourite street snack with an alcoholic infusion.
18) Boilermaker Cocktail at The Good Wife
Now who said beer can’t go into a cocktail?
19) Dairy Milk Martini at Sante
Dairy milk in a martini? The child in us is thrilled!
20) Lemongrass Martini at Shiro
A quirky lemongrass martini is the perfect accompaniment to Shiro’s dim sum festival. Read our feature on it here!
21) Jello Shots at Tonic
Are jello shots cocktails? Well, they’re a blend of jello and vodka and… and who cares – they’re pretty!
22) Saat Raasta at Monkey Bar
It’s a heady combination of jagermeister, absinthe, vodka, rum, gin – pause for a breath – tequila, beer, triple sec, ginger juice and coriander. Can you handle it all?
23) Shzia Imli at Monkey Bar
The cheekily name shazia imli is a sweet cocktail with a dash of spice.
24) Monkey Masala Soda at Monkey Bar
Yes, we’re a little obsessed with Monkey Bar’s drinks (read our feature here), but they are oh so awesome! This tastes like nimbu pani all grown up.
25) Crème Brulee Martini at Radio Bar
The martini becomes even sweeter with this special blend!
27) Kaffir Lime Mojito at Cheval
This may just make you believe you’re riding an actual horse!
28) Twinkle From the North at The Good Wife
Don’t cry that the mango season is over – simply order a glass of this mango, citrus vodka and crème banana concoction and your eyes will be twinkling again!
29) Japanese pear and Ginger Martini at Terrtulia
Martinis are our favourite, as you may have guessed.
30) Kiwi Martini at Terrutilia
How Friday nights should be! Easy, Simple & Special, just like our Kiwi Martini. #eatdrinklove #terttuliamumbai…
Yes, yet another martini, but this one is kiwi!
31) Boom Bloom at Sante
Vodka, hibiscus tea, raspberries and rose water make for a blooming combination!
We understand there’s no way you’ll be able to get through all of these in one night. But, if you can manage them in one month we salute you! Dare you to try!
Note: Photographs were gathered from our own experiences, Facebook pages, Instagram accounts and our beloved Zomato-ers.