30 Children Hospitalised After Eating Food In A Thane Madrassa

30 Children Hospitalised After Eating Food In A Thane Madrassa

The 30 children who ate the feast at a Madrassa in Bhiwandi area of Thane had fallen sick and been rushed to the hospital. The report by Times of India says that it is being suspected that the children had got food poisoning.

A Feast Gone Bad

The Tehsildar of Bhiwandi, Shashikant Gaikwad said in a statement that the children who fell sick had consumed the biryani at the feast being organised by a person at the Madrassa on Tuesday. The report further said that all the students, who were boys between 12 to 15 years of age had complained of feeling nauseous, giddy, stomach ache and vomiting the next day. They were then rushed to the IGM Hospital in Bhiwandi which is run by the government.

The condition of some of the children were deteriorating considering which they were sent to Nair Hospital in Mumbai. After visiting the children on Wednesday night, Gaikwad had said that they were doing fine and were out of danger. He also told the publication that an investigation is being carried on about the incident.

ADVERTISING