Connect with us

News

24 Passengers On Board Tejas Express Hospitalized Due To Food Poisoning

on

According to the reports by the The Hindu, 24 passengers who travelling by Tejas Express got food poisoning after having breakfast on the train on Sunday. Further reports add that they were admitted to to a Lifecare Hospital in Chiplun where they are being given treatment.

More Trouble For IRCTC And Tejas Express

“A case of food poisoning was reported on train no. 22120 Tejas Express upon information from passengers. The train was stopped out of course at Chiplun railway station and treatment was given to passengers by railway doctor,” the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) said in an official statement.

The passengers who felt sick had started feeling uneasy after having the breakfast which was served to 220 passengers out of which 170 were served vegetarian and 130 were served non-vegetarian according to the official. “Most of the hospitalised passengers had consumed omelette in breakfast,” said the official to The Hindu. The Railways has sent a food sample of the breakfast for inspection and has also terminated the contract of the caterer JK Ghosh who was the responsible for providing food on Tejas Express.

The troubles don’t seem to cease for IRCTC as a man fell sick after finding a lizard in his food and three months after the food on Indian Railways was called ‘unfit for consumption’ by the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) in its audit report.

Enjoyed the read? Follow my blogs to know all the right places to visit in Mumbai and relish delicious food!

RECENT POSTS

Facebook