19 of about 6000 people who attended the City and Industrial Development Corporation (Cidco) event in Mumbai on Friday got food poisoning after eating the dessert reports the Hindustan Times. The event held in the Vashi area of the city was the annual function of the town planning agency which was organised at the Cidco Exhibition Center.
Food Poisoning At Vashi Event
The report further explains that things were fine till after dinner when some of the attendees started complaining of uneasiness, vomiting and lose motions. The sick were taken to the MGM hospital where it was found that the food poisoning began after the consumption of the dessert. “Initially, they said that the food they had consumed at the event was good. But they started having complications after having dessert. The police officers visited the hospital on Saturday and took the people’s statements,” said Dr PK Sashankar, administrator of MGM hospital while talking to the publication.
“Nineteen people, including three women, were admitted to our hospital at night. While some of them are employee of Cidco, others were invitees. Between 10.30pm and 11pm, their condition deteriorated and we shifted 15 of them to the emergency ward. We discharged eight of them on Saturday. We are now treating the rest,” he said.