When it comes to detoxing your body, there are many techniques you can follow and supplements you can take. One plan, in particular, is to eat detoxifying foods. Here is a list of 10 detox foods that are a great addition to anyone’s diet.
1. Lemon – Lemon is a great source of vitamin C and antioxidants. Many detox weight loss plans begin with a lemon water cleanse to help flush toxins out of your body.
2. Beetroot – Beets have loads of antioxidants that help reduce inflammation and improve metabolism.
3. Green tea – The caffeine in green tea acts as a diuretic, washing toxins out of you while this drink hydrates you as you enjoy it.
4. Grapefruit – Like other citrus fruits, grapefruit is rich in vitamin C and antioxidants. Be careful about eating grapefruit or drinking its juice if you’re taking prescription drugs since it can increase their effects.
5. Olive oil – This allows toxins to be absorbed by the oil and eliminated by the body.
6. Turmeric – The anti-inflammatory properties of cur-cumin, the yellow-colored part of turmeric spice, can improve liver function while helping to fight off Alzheimer’s and cancer.
7. Broccoli – Broccoli, happens to be a powerful liver detox food full of vitamin C and selenium, also has plenty of fiber to help move toxins out of your gut
8. Artichoke – This high-antioxidant vegetable can help neutralize the effects of harmful toxins make it one of the best liver detox foods available.
9. Avocado – although a high-fat food, this actually removes bad fats and cholesterol from your blood. Fewer of these fats floating around means that your liver and other organs don’t have to work as hard to clear toxins.
10. Garlic – garlic, whether fresh or aged, has the antioxidants that your body needs to fight off damage from free radicals emitted by toxins.