According to the report by the ANI, a person succumbed to food poisoning while nine are admitted to a local hospital. These people had consumed the prasadam at a temple on Friday. The deceased was a 28 year old woman. The current update is that the police are trying to find the person(s) involved. The temple is located in the Chintamani Town of the Chikkaballapura district in Karnataka.
Mass Food Poisoning
The police have detained three women in the case according to the report by PTI. The report also says Kesari Bhat (halwa) was distributed by two women after a grand celebration that took place in Gangamma Devi temple. Soon after eating this prasadam, the devotees complained of severe stomach ache and were rushed to the nearest local hospital. The police told PTI that this prasad was not made by the temple management and was being distributed by the two women mentioned in the report.
Last year in December, 11 people had died after eating food made by the temple located in the Chamarajnagar district of Karnataka.